When you Create you are sharing Positive Energy with everyone around you! Create with Passion, Give with Graditude, Live with Laughter! Steph

Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Comfort Zone



Today someone asked if Art is my Comfort Zone. Oddly I was surprised because the person has known me for years and I wondered how that could have not been apparent.  Art is my world, my center and my zen. It's my motive for most things I do. It's the reason I take crap from work and people sometimes tee hee (just being real). I guess yes, it is my Comfort Zone.  Recognizing that made it even more Comfortable. Realizing that it is who and what I am, and yes I did say that, out loud, makes it more comfortable.

So this is what Wikipedia says about the Comfort Zone
The comfort zone is a behavioural state within which a person operates in an anxiety-neutral condition, using a limited set of behaviours to deliver a steady level of performance, usually without a sense of risk A person's personality can be described by his or her comfort zones. Highly successful persons may routinely step outside their comfort zones, to accomplish what they wish. A comfort zone is a type of mental conditioning that causes a person to create and operate mental boundaries. Such boundaries create an unfounded sense of security. Like inertia, a person who has established a comfort zone in a particular axis of his or her life, will tend to stay within that zone without stepping outside of it. To step outside a comfort zone, a person must experiment with new and different behaviours, and then experience the new and different responses that then occur within their environment.  AND, THAT ANSWERS MY QUESTION.

So what is your Creative Comfort Zone? What makes you so sure it's your Comfort Zone? The feelings? The way you operate in life? How do you operate outside of your Comfort Zone? Is life better in the Zone and exactly what the hek do you do in there?

For the most part, this post was me thinking out loud LOL. But it does make one think. I know my Comfort Zone and unfortunately I've become so spoiled and comfortable that when I am forced to step outside of it, me no like! I operate, but I don't think I like it LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Just Saying It Here!